|What Is Amazon Post and How To Use It?|
2020 has not been the best year for the human race. Due to the pandemic, most of the brands and businesses all over the world have incurred big losses. But in this uncertain time, Amazon has launched a new unique advertising feature for vendors and sellers on their platform, and that feature is “Amazon Post.”
What is Amazon Post?
Post is Amazon’s latest attempt to give its users a social media like experience in its US marketplace. Using post, you can discover new products and collections from your favorite brands by browsing their feeds. Every post that a brand publishes consists of a link to a product detail page from where the shopper can buy that product. Besides this, it also has a category tag using which the shopper can discover posts from other brands in the same product category.
Why should you participate?
• Large reach: Using posts you can reach a large number of people and share with them your content that highlights your products or tells your brand story.
• It’s easy to use: You don’t have to create separate creatives for your Amazon post. You can share the same content you are already posting on your social media profile for your customers.
• It’s free: We all love free things, and the best thing about Amazon post is that it is absolutely free. It’s the right time to try your hands-on post and get most out of it before it becomes a paid advertising feature on Amazon.
Elements of an Amazon Post
Every post consists of 5 elements these elements are:
1. Brand name and logo.
2. Your product images.
3. Show product button – When you click this button it takes you to the product detail page of your product.
4. Your caption – You can add up to 2,200 characters in your Amazon post.
5. Tags – Amazon can auto-tag your product with relevant product categories.
Where will your ads be displayed?
Since it is a new advertising feature, Amazon does not allow you to specify where your post should be displayed. Amazon’s system will automatically place your posts in feeds and pages that it feels is relevant and can attract engagement from shoppers.
How to Use It?
As mentioned earlier, this feature is available for the US marketplace only. To create posts on Amazon, you must be a registered vendor or seller on Amazon and should have a store in the US. To create posts:
1. Visit posts.amazon.com and sign-in using your advertising credentials.
2. Next, create your profile by verifying your brand name and upload your brand’s logo.
3. Finally, start creating posts by uploading images, writing captions, and tagging related products.
Posts is a very new feature that is right now available for the US market only. Although Amazon has introduced a very interesting and unique concept on their platform, it does not allow sellers to select targeting options for it. I suggest you should try your hands on it because it is free, and it won’t cost you anything even if you fail miserably to reach your customers. So, give it a try.
Jackson Henry. I’m a writer living in USA. I am a fan of technology, arts, and reading. I’m also interested in writing and education. You can read my blog with a click on the button above.